Author Brene Brown, Daring Greatly, says,
"To be wholehearted, and engage with the world is from a sense of worthiness."
Dr. Brown goes on to define ten guideposts for wholehearted living:
1. Cultivate Authenticity: Letting go of what people think.
2. Cultivate self-compassion. Letting go of perfectionism.
3. Cultivate a resilient spirit. Letting go of numbing and powerlessness.
4. Cultivate Gratitude and joy. Letting go of scarcity and fear of the dark.
5. Cultivate intuition and trusting. Faith. Letting go of the need for certainty.
6. Cultivate creativity. Letting go comparison.
7. Cultivating play and rest. Letting go of exhaustion as a status symbol and productivity as self worth.
8. Cultivating calm and stillness. Letting go of anxiety as a lifestyle.
9. Cultivating meaningful work. Letting go of self doubt and "supposed to."
10. Cultivating laughter, song, and dance. Letting go of being cool and "always in control."
Brene Brown, Daring Greatly. 2012