Two people who follow the same path as individuals.
As they further commit to each other in a
they experience another level
of excitement and energy.
True intimacy is costly,
as are most items of value.
The development of a relationship
will cost one's
innocence, one's games,
and one's certainty.
Intimacy is a by-product of close connections.
It is to share pleasure and pain
in the safety of trust and commitment,
and then to choose experiences,
surrounding, friendships and behavior
that will enhance the connection
to one's self,
and a higher power or spirituality.
Characteristics of Intimates
1. Intimates fight, laugh, share ideas,
plan and fill the relationship with high energy.
2. Intimates share authority in relationships.
They take turns and know times when to be the leader.
3. Intimates accept and appreciate change.
They know that change and reality are closely linked
and little remain the same.
4. Intimates can be counted on for consistent behavior.
5. Intimates have enough self worth to know they deserve closeness,
care and attention and they do not have to play games for attention.
6. Intimates develop their sense of humor.
7. Intimates learn to ask for what they want and what they need.
8. Intimates become "like children" with each other
They remember not to waste
a day or a night
without some appreciation for the other.
Intimacy is a peak experience.